The owners, Pasquale and his father Gaetano who has a thirty-year experience as chef, follow the best Italian culinary traditions. The menu (available also in English) offers faboulous fish plates and specialities with meat and vegetables, along with the best-known dishes of Italian cuisine. You can also taste the pizza baked on woodfire by a Neapolitan pizzaiolo using the best-quality materials and curiosities such as buffalo mozzarella cheese or Tuscan lardo di colonnata. Two types of bread and a variety of pasta are also home-made!
One of the main attractions of the place is the beautiful open air area, in a mediterranean-style court, far from traffic and noise, where you can enjoy your meal in the greatest tranquillity.
Dishes to try: Starter of the house, Tuna with sweet red onion, spaghetti with sardines and wild fennel, home-made pasta with meat sauce and porcini mushrooms or the Florentine beefsteak.
Ristorante Il Vecchio e il Mare
“The old man and the sea” is a friendly family-run restaurant just outside the old town, in a street famous for shopping among the Florentines.
- Type of kitchen: Mediterranea, Pesce, Pizza
- Category: Enoteca, Pizzeria, Ristorante
- Average price €.: Da €. 25 a €. 50
- Opened: Lunedì, Martedì, Mercoledì, Giovedì, Venerdì, Sabato
- Address: Via Gioberti, 61
- Phone number: 055 669575 CHIAMA ORA
- Website: www.ilvecchioeilmare.it
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outer space: Si
- Atmosphere: Romantico, Adatto a Gruppi
- Meals: Pranzo, Cena